This is a Bufo or Cane frog. It secretes a poison from it's skin that can be deadly to dogs. As a matter of fact if not treated it is almost 100% fatal. If your dog comes into contact with a Bufo frog and licks or mouths it, they will most likely start foaming at the mouth. If this happens rinse out your dog's mouth for about 15 minutes and head straight to the veterinarian. Do not head to the vet without rinsing your dog's mouth because the poison is fast acting.
I used a plastic bag to remove this handsome guy from my lanai and put him near the lake. I'm not afraid to touch a frog. I actually find them kind of cute like my Pug, but they can cause skin irritation if touched. If Mr. Toad decides to pay us another visit I may have to drive him to a lake far far away.